4 replies to this topic

#1 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

I'm about to finally start wrapping my Christmas gifts and was thinking. Do others do what I do.

I wrap "Santa" gifts in "Santa" paper and all other gifts in other paper. I also use a piece of the wrapping paper as a a gift tag. I started doing this when ODS was about 4 and asked "Mom, why does Santa have the same paper you do?" I just answered "Well, I guess he has good taste" LOL.

Do you make a distinction between wrapping papers?

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

I have ds's gift in spiderman paper and dd's in princess. Santa used the same paper as I did. I just tell the kids Santa likes to coordinate lol

#3 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Most times Santa's presents were not wrapped under the tree, if they were wrapped it was always in different paper.

#4 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

I would always try to wrap gifts for family in different paper than the gifts that Santa brought.  Now that my kids are older, I don't mind if gifts for family are wrapped in the same paper, but I still wrap all of ds's gift in one kind and dd's in another to make it easier on Christmas morning when handing them out.

#5 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

I use different paper. Have messed up quite a few times but somehow managed to pull it off. Having Christmas away from home this year so hopefully they wont remember which paper is Santas and which is not because I ran out of my paper and needed to borrow some from Santa :)