6 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

Do you visit the Detroit Auto show? It has been years since I have been there but I found it was kind of boring. There is so much hype, I wondered if they have more activities and things to do other than just browsing at cars.

#2 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

My Aunt used to work for Deliotte & Touche' and they were the Accountants for the Big-3. She would get free tickets to the Auto Show and we would go every year. It was super boring for us kids, but the one thing we did like was the concept cars.

I haven't been in over 30 years, have thought of it a time or three, but with DH working on cars all day long, he didn't want to go and look at them on his days off - LOL

#3 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

I found it boring but hubby might attempt totake our son this year he loves cars!

#4 moosemom

moosemom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

I always wanted to go to the Autorama ~ that is the car show with the fancy cars ~ now to me that seems like it would be more fun than looking at cars I can see every day.

#5 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

I always wanted to go to the Autorama ~ that is the car show with the fancy cars ~ now to me that seems like it would be more fun than looking at cars I can see every day.

I agree that looks like more interesting but I have never been either.

#6 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

I took DS there last year and he went absolutely bonkers over it. Even before age 3 he was a total gear head!

#7 moosemom

moosemom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

LOL ~ My ODS had a friend who was a gear head from probably conception ! ! !  Before he passed in May, 2013, Make A Wish sent them to London, England to see a taping of the show Top Gear ... He was in his glory ! ! !  I think that the closest Auto Show to me is in Chicago