14 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Do you have satellite, cable, Netflix, just an antenna or a combination? If you pay for TV do you feel you get your money's worth?

I have Bell satellite. I have a hard time finding something that I would like to watch most of the time. I find many of the channels are showing the same program, I also notice that if you watch a channel for a couple of hours they start repeating the programs that you just watched. I would like to get rid of it, I think it is a huge waste of money but dh wants to keep it. 

#2 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

Antenna and netflix. We have been debating getting cable because since we switched to cogeco we are saving $40 a month compared to when we were with Bell. So that $40 would cover the tv. But the appeal of saving the money is higher atm.

#3 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Netflix and roku. I cancelled out satellite a long time ago because of the whole same show on 5 different channels. Cost too much.

#4 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Netflix and roku. I cancelled out satellite a long time ago because of the whole same show on 5 different channels. Cost too much.

what is roku?

#5 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

It is a small device you plug into your tv and connect to internet. It streams free and paid channels or you can stream stuff you have on your computer

#6 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Satellite.

#7 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

We have Time Warner but I don't know for how much longer. I am tired of paying the bills for the boys only to watch like a total fo 10 channels a week. With the newer DVD / Blu-Ray Players out there, you can actually have the internet stream through the box and my Boys could watch the Netflix or Hulu I am paying for now.

Definitely going to be looking into Roku ! ! !

#8 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Roku has hulu and Netflix :)

#9 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

We have basic cable through Cogeco and Netflix.

#10 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

we have cable becuse i like new shows

and i do not want use my net for threehouse all day LOL

we also have netflixs and for now free month amazon

it has few more shows then netflixs

we use the wii and wii u and pc and phones to watch netflixs

#11 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Just Netflix. 

#12 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Roku has hulu and Netflix :)

do you need an account for these with the Roku??  I can get into Hulu right now on my computer but not for long (they made my "backdoor" a pay for service) but the hulu is the free version

#13 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

We have Bell Satelite and honestly I'm not impressed. They package the bundles so you are forced to have extras in order to get the channels you enjoy. The bundles for phone/tv/internet/cell are not a great saving and we end up with $400 bills every month. I wish we gas another multi provider in the area with reliable service.

#14 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

We have Bell Satelite and honestly I'm not impressed. They package the bundles so you are forced to have extras in order to get the channels you enjoy. The bundles for phone/tv/internet/cell are not a great saving and we end up with $400 bills every month. I wish we gas another multi provider in the area with reliable service.

I agree Bell is a total rip off. We regularly watch maybe 5 or 6 stations but have to pay for 50 in order to get the ones that we really like. We are planning on moving in the next few months so we will probably keep it until then but once we move I will be looking into the other options.

#15 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

yes satelite is a complete rip off!!!  I was with StarChoice and it's the same... a little better as far as cost goes but still complete rip off! I'm pretty sure I had more TV I watched when I was little and didn't have cable or anything then there is now!