4 replies to this topic

#1 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

I love trying to win contests on fb I think it is a great way topromote your business cause it floods peoples new feeds and gets their name out there! But the ones that you need to have the most likes seem so unfair to me! I am astay at home mom and don't have a million people on my list i dont have many friends who arent parents themselves and when i find contests instead of them liking my kids photos they join in on the action I have a hard time competing with the people who have everybody and anyone on their friends list. I also don't like bugging people daily to help me win acontest. I find so many contests end up like this.

Do you participate inthese contests or not bother?

I prefer the ones where you like or share thepage I believe that would accumulate more publicity anyway and everyone gets afair chance to win the contest

#2 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

i do

and have won or got free stuff as few times

but i try to make sure its real buy looking up at biz web site

and see if there oher pages like it

#3 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

I almost never participate in them. I think many of them are scams and/or a way to access your information. When I do participate it is a business I already know or one I research before entering the contest.

#4 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

I almost never participate in them. I think many of them are scams and/or a way to access your information. When I do participate it is a business I already know or one I research before entering the contest.

Yeah I always stick with local or big name companies like Gerber or Johnson and johnson etc but both of those had the contest "whoever has the most likes" I believe it should be random or judges assessing all pictures equally cause most people don't even stand a chance :(

#5 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

i won tickets to TO zoo last year\

and where i am in windsor to

Edited by sims, 16 January 2014 - 11:37 AM.