10 replies to this topic

#1 willow.d

willow.d

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi, I want to buy a diaperbag and I just dont know what diaperbag to get.

Any recomendation?

Thanks

#2 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

Something with lots of pockets a place with an insulated bottle pouch another cool feature that I wish I had is a easy grab wipe compartment I know that would come in extremely handy!
Also long strap so youcan wear it across your body I find it slips off the shoulder constantly!

#3 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

Bigger is always better

#4 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

It was from winners by skip hop. It's a black messenger style bag that can attach to the stroller and has a ton of pockets which made it great for packing everything. I love it!

#5 chat_cath

chat_cath

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

If you're doing disposable diapers, many will work but a larger backpack style or convertible to backpack is handy.  I had a messenger in the very beginning and I found if I bent over (to pick up baby, etc.) with it slung over me (which you need to do to go), it would usually come over my back and hit me in the head, or if not crossed over, it would slip off my shoulder.  

I tried quite a few looking for the perfect one.  I bought a ju-ju-be backpack one but the configuration of the pockets didn't really work for me but they have made improvements on that style now.  ju-ju-be are pricey but the fabrics are so nice and machine-washable which is great.  One of the best free ones was a Heinz one that zipped open at the top and was quite deep but not as wide.  It had backpack straps and 2 other straps on it.  Too bad it was made out of a cottony-type material or it would last a long time.  I use that one now still a lot, for clothes for kids when we go away or for when I need to bring a lot of diapers with me - disposable or cloth.

The other one I have is good as it can be thrown over your arm (2 straps) but also can convert to a backpack and can attach to a stroller.  It's an amy michelle azalea one I bought online about 3 1/2 yrs ago after a friend recommended it.  It was great until I switched to cloth diapers for DS, then the bag was not quite as ideal since there's a lot more cloth paraphenilia & bigger diapers to lug around.  I could probably get rid of it now since DS is potty-training and I haven't used it much with him anyways because of the cloth diapers.   

Just found this online:  http://www.consumerr...uying-guide.htm

Edited by chat_cath, 26 January 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#6 willow.d

willow.d

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

Something with lots of pockets a place with an insulated bottle pouch another cool feature that I wish I had is a easy grab wipe compartment I know that would come in extremely handy!
Also long strap so youcan wear it across your body I find it slips off the shoulder constantly!

Yes but where and what can I get?

#7 willow.d

willow.d

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

It was from winners by skip hop. It's a black messenger style bag that can attach to the stroller and has a ton of pockets which made it great for packing everything. I love it!

Thanks Vals,

I actually looked up in skip hop bags but I didnt find the design I like. :( it looks like walmart bags, what type is yours?

#8 willow.d

willow.d

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

If you're doing disposable diapers, many will work but a larger backpack style or convertible to backpack is handy.  I had a messenger in the very beginning and I found if I bent over (to pick up baby, etc.) with it slung over me (which you need to do to go), it would usually come over my back and hit me in the head, or if not crossed over, it would slip off my shoulder.  

I tried quite a few looking for the perfect one.  I bought a ju-ju-be backpack one but the configuration of the pockets didn't really work for me but they have made improvements on that style now.  ju-ju-be are pricey but the fabrics are so nice and machine-washable which is great.  One of the best free ones was a Heinz one that zipped open at the top and was quite deep but not as wide.  It had backpack straps and 2 other straps on it.  Too bad it was made out of a cottony-type material or it would last a long time.  I use that one now still a lot, for clothes for kids when we go away or for when I need to bring a lot of diapers with me - disposable or cloth.

The other one I have is good as it can be thrown over your arm (2 straps) but also can convert to a backpack and can attach to a stroller.  It's an amy michelle azalea one I bought online about 3 1/2 yrs ago after a friend recommended it.  It was great until I switched to cloth diapers for DS, then the bag was not quite as ideal since there's a lot more cloth paraphenilia & bigger diapers to lug around.  I could probably get rid of it now since DS is potty-training and I haven't used it much with him anyways because of the cloth diapers.   

Just found this online:  http://www.consumerr...uying-guide.htm

Thanks, this was really great. where can I get the Amy Michelle Azalea?

#9 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

Yes but where and what can I get?
I seen one like this at atmeijer but if was a few months ago check out thewebsite

#10 chat_cath

chat_cath

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

"Thanks, this was really great. where can I get the Amy Michelle Azalea?"

I don't remember where I bought it online as it was about 3 years ago. I kind of think it was from an online place that carried all sorts of bags, diaper bags and more. I also think at the time a baby store in London (monkey something?) had them too as that is where my friend bought hers but I think I found a better deal somewhere else. I just googled and it seems Amy Michelle has a whole new assortment of bags, some kind of shiny looking, lol, but they don't look much like the older style. Mine is in perfect shape but I'm not sure I want to part with it until DS is done potty-training just in case I might use it; I'd probably get rid of it then decide I wanted to use it.  I'm sure there must be similar ones out there now somewhere.

Edited by chat_cath, 06 February 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#11 chat_cath

chat_cath

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Feb. 5:  Changed my mind.  Even though I kind of just want to keep it, I will get rid of it now if you are interested.  It really does look brand new.  PM'd you, so please PM me for more info.  Thanks!