35 replies to this topic

#1 Neaser

Neaser

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

My daughter has asked uf I would like to be in the delivery room for my first grand daughter to be born and of course I do but this ban of 1 visitor has got me scared that I will have to miss it cause the father should be there prayers that its lifted please

#2 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

Wow that would be a wonderful experience, I hope everything works out for you

#3 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

They are being very strict with the ban from what I've heard. I was talking to a grandmother that hadn't even seen her grandchild yet. :-( I hope it is lifted before then. My mom was at both of my children's births (with my husband), and for my daughter, I asked my aunt to come as well. She still talks about how amazing it was 6 months later. Good luck!

#4 EBMom

EBMom

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

I head that a pregrant mother who was very young got the flu and died on life support until baby can be born soon

its because of the flu (My friend told me)

i think the ban will last as long as the are high alert

congrats on your baby

#5 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

I head that a pregrant mother who was very young got the flu and died on life support until baby can be born soon

congrats on your baby

i think she got her news mix up with other one

there was mom on life support becuse she had a brain aniuener(cant spell) and she was die but life michen to keep baby alive

they had to figth to remove her becuse baby had passed away after month of her been brain dead

#6 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

A friend of ours just had a baby and they are only allowed one visitor(the dad) and it has to be the same visitor the whole time. Sadly  the rest of the family couldn't see them until they went home.

#7 EBMom

EBMom

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

congrats on your baby

i think she got her news mix up with other one

there was mom on life support becuse she had a brain aniuener(cant spell) and she was die but life michen to keep baby alive

they had to figth to remove her becuse baby had passed away after month of her been brain dead

sad

#8 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

My son and his GF have asked that I be present at the birth of their baby also. The baby is due the end of March so, I have hopes the ban will be lifted. My son is very nervous and doesn't do well with hospitals let alone anything medical. He has had to step out of one ultrasound because he couldn't listen to the heart on the monitor (he was the same with the tape I had of T's heart u/s. He couldn't watch or even hear it lol). But, also, they have a midwife so, the rules are actually different from what my they have been told and they have been reassured that I will be able to be there since she has a midwife. Not sure why the rules are different though.

#9 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

The ban could easily extend through April if the cases contine to be present. We've had a hellish winter and a lot of illness to contend with. A good early spring is realistically what we need to get everyone out in the fresh air and away from stuffy, dry indoor conditions. I hope it's lifted soon too. I could easily go in April and know how tough t woud e fr y s/o to go it alone...lol

#10 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

My daughter's baby is due in a couple of weeks, I hope I will be able to go and see her.

#11 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

YAY to homebirth

(sorry had to say it)

#12 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

My son and his GF have asked that I be present at the birth of their baby also. The baby is due the end of March so, I have hopes the ban will be lifted. My son is very nervous and doesn't do well with hospitals let alone anything medical. He has had to step out of one ultrasound because he couldn't listen to the heart on the monitor (he was the same with the tape I had of T's heart u/s. He couldn't watch or even hear it lol). But, also, they have a midwife so, the rules are actually different from what my they have been told and they have been reassured that I will be able to be there since she has a midwife. Not sure why the rules are different though

That's odd because our friend had a midwife as well and none of their family was allowed to be there.

#13 Trea

Trea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

My son and his GF have asked that I be present at the birth of their baby also. The baby is due the end of March so, I have hopes the ban will be lifted. My son is very nervous and doesn't do well with hospitals let alone anything medical. He has had to step out of one ultrasound because he couldn't listen to the heart on the monitor (he was the same with the tape I had of T's heart u/s. He couldn't watch or even hear it lol). But, also, they have a midwife so, the rules are actually different from what my they have been told and they have been reassured that I will be able to be there since she has a midwife. Not sure why the rules are different though

That's odd because our friend had a midwife as well and none of their family was allowed to be there.

I've been wondering if she heard her midwife right. But, I will be sitting outside the hospital the whole time if necessary. My son is a baby himself and we all think he will not be able to handle the birth. She'll need some real support.

#14 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

I've been wondering if she heard her midwife right. But, I will be sitting outside the hospital the whole time if necessary. My son is a baby himself and we all think he will not be able to handle the birth. She'll need some real support.

My fingers are crossed that you will be able to be there!

#15 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

I think having the ban in place is a good thing. Babies are so fragile, and with flu season being extremely high this year its what is best for the babies. As for the midwife situation, if the baby is still being born at the hospital, then they hve to follow the rules of the hospital. Midwives don't make the rules, and they certainly don't change because a midwife s delivering and not an OB. Hopefully the ban is lifted and you will be able to be there.

#16 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Off topic but Gillian, I love the pictures on your siggy!! You have a beautiful family.

#17 Trea

Trea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

I think having the ban in place is a good thing. Babies are so fragile, and with flu season being extremely high this year its what is best for the babies. As for the midwife situation, if the baby is still being born at the hospital, then they hve to follow the rules of the hospital. Midwives don't make the rules, and they certainly don't change because a midwife s delivering and not an OB. Hopefully the ban is lifted and you will be able to be there.

Like I said...I think maybe she misunderstood her MW! Geez

#18 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

We aren't strict on our floor, but I know peds and ob definitely enforce the rule- no exceptions.

I hope the ban is lifted by the time your grand baby makes an appearance!!

#19 babybumpkins

babybumpkins

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

My daughter had a hearing test today but my son is sick with a cold..i called to double check if bringing him, as it was my only option.... was ok, or if i could re schedual? They said no problem and said they would change her apt..to risky:0 So they r taking it pretty seriously which is understandable!

#20 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

We just called and the ban is still in effect. It is one visitor per patient for labour & delivery, it has to be the same visitor the whole time there are no switch offs :( 

#21 Kristi

Kristi

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

The only extra person allowed to be in the room is a doula.  But that being said we have to show proof of flu shot and certification and wear a mask.  Even nurses who don't have flu shot have to gown up and wear a mask.

Just cause she is delivering with a midwife they cant change the rules. I wish they could but they can't!  They are just there to deliver the baby!  I think she heard the midwife wrong. Hopeing it is lifted by the time baby is born but this could go on till April!!

Edited by Kristi, 05 February 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#22 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

The only extra person allowed to be in the room is a doula.  But that being said we have to show proof of flu shot and certification and wear a mask.  Even nurses who don't have flu shot have to gown up and wear a mask.

Just cause she is delivering with a midwife they cant change the rules. I wish they could but they can't!  They are just there to deliver the baby!  I think she heard the midwife wrong. Hopeing it is lifted by the time baby is born but this could go on till April!!

what about mom or dad who never got the flu shot LOL

still thankfull for homebirth you can have who every you want

just saying

#23 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Is the same ban in effect for Leamington Hosptial? I had a really great delivery there (with my midwife), and it would be worth the drive if you can have more people at the birth (if that's what you want). The Windsor midwives should have privlidges there too unless things have changed since my first.

Edited by Ginger333, 05 February 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#24 Neaser

Neaser

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

Is the same ban in effect for Leamington Hosptial? I had a really great delivery there (with my midwife), and it would be worth the drive if you can have more people at the birth (if that's what you want). The Windsor midwives should have privlidges there too unless things have changed since my first.

I was told could do this too

#25 Gillian

Gillian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

Off topic but Gillian, I love the pictures on your siggy!! You have a beautiful family.

Aww, thank you :) I love my boys!

#26 Gillian

Gillian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

Geez? I never said she did or didn't misunderstand. No need to get all testy. Just giving an opinion.

#27 Trea

Trea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Geez? I never said she did or didn't misunderstand. No need to get all testy. Just giving an opinion.

Sorry, bad day that day. Yes, I was just plain testy at the time. :embarassed

#28 Kristi

Kristi

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

Im pretty sure that there is a visitor ban at Leamington Hospital as well!  Could be less restrictions then Windsor but I believe I read it too

#29 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Aww, thank you :) I love my boys!

You totally just made me switch to the full version to see it. Very cute! And that's the 4th Grayson I've heard of (2 being about 2 years ago and 2 in 2013). I love the name!

#30 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Well it doesn't look like I will be at the hospital when my granddaughter is born :( If all goes well she should be here sometime tomorrow :)

#31 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

Well it doesn't look like I will be at the hospital when my granddaughter is born :( If all goes well she should be here sometime tomorrow :)

i am sorry HUGS HUGS

you can warm up the house for her :)

get it ready for baby

#32 Trea

Trea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

:(

Congrats on the new baby. Sorry you can't be there. My DILs midwife thinks the ban will still be in effect when she goes into labour too.

#33 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

i am sorry HUGS HUGS

get it ready for baby

Thanks Natalie. It's her first baby so I feel bad that I can't be there to support her. I worry that she will feel scared and alone. Her boyfriend will be with her but it's not the same as having someone there that knows what you are going through. I was grateful that my mom with with me when I had my first baby.

Congrats on the new baby. Sorry you can't be there. My DILs midwife thinks the ban will still be in effect when she goes into labour too.

Thanks Trea. I hope they change things before your grandchild comes, especially if it's your first. When is your DIL due?

#34 Trea

Trea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

i am sorry HUGS HUGS

get it ready for baby

Thanks Natalie. It's her first baby so I feel bad that I can't be there to support her. I worry that she will feel scared and alone. Her boyfriend will be with her but it's not the same as having someone there that knows what you are going through. I was grateful that my mom with with me when I had my first baby.

Thanks Trea. I hope they change things before your grandchild comes, especially if it's your first. When is your DIL due?

March 30.

#35 Trea

Trea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

BTW, I wasn't on the computer much yesterday.....how did things go? Baby?