7 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

Time of use is starting soon. What do you know about it? What changes do you plan to make?

#2 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

We've had it for quite awhile now. There wasn't too much difference in our bill. We usually do all laundry and dishes at night (on timers) or on the weekend anyway. The biggest difference I notice is when I'm not working and watch tv all day.

#3 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

I really don't notice a difference with it. The delivery fees are what are so high.

#4 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

We've had it for quite awhile now. There wasn't too much difference in our bill. We usually do all laundry and dishes at night (on timers) or on the weekend anyway. The biggest difference I notice is when I'm not working and watch tv all day.

tv is going to be an issue around here too, if we are home it is on 90% of the time nobody is watching, I just like the noise.

#5 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

tv is going to be an issue around here too, if we are home it is on 90% of the time nobody is watching, I just like the noise.

Me too! Or my 3 year old is watching it (and probably the iPad at the same time). It's pretty bad that instead of screen time limits, I have to put limits on the number of screens he watches. I've caught him on three screens at once (he was 2 at the time). Seriously kid!

#6 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

I'm paying more for  my "off peak" hours than my daytime hours. I do all my laundry during the day. I have absloutely no idea how we can be using more electricity at night, with 1 box fan running than during the day with cooking, tv, computer and laptop on, and lights on (my house has little natural light so I have at least on lamp on almost all day). My overall bill has gone up by about 15% since time of use began!

#7 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

I already do most stuff at night. I really do hope it helps with the bills. This winter has killed us with our electric bill. My whole house is electric so heateng has costed us a crazy amount

#8 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

It has been a few days since the time of use started, I have been trying to do laundry and run the dishwasher after 7 or on weekends. I am still finding it hard to remember to turn on the dishwasher if I filled it earlier in the day, I hate getting up in the morning to find it full of dirty dishes. Anyone else making changes or are you just doing your regular routine?