#1 Lesserri

Lesserri

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Hi All, 

Been awhile since I've been here, but was wondering if anyone knew of any support groups for single moms? I checked online and i can't believe there isn't anything in the windsor area. I found some information from the helplink and spoke to a few people, but would love to make some mom friends, so that when "those" days come, you know when you are overwhelmed, can't sleep because your being pulled in the upmost different directions, and seems like you have no support at all, cause in truth, you really don't. 

anyways, sorry for the small rant, but is there anyone else out there in my shoes? 

take care all

Jenn 

#2 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Back in the Day .... There used to be a group called Parents without Partners and a long-time member was looking to start up a group in Windsor. Unfortunately, she made a long distance move away from Windsor.

I can tell you that there are a bunch of Moms / Dads on Mom2Mom ~ single, married, divorced, other ~ that know exactly the things you are describing. While I am not a single mom, I totally can relate to "those" days with my two special needs teenaged boys.  I can guarantee you that you can post the issues you are having and someone can possibly offer support / help / information.

Check out the Mom2Mom Calendar to see about upcoming events. Again with Back in the Day (LOL), there used to be Get-Togethers for parents at local restaurants.

{{{ hugs }}} and Welcome ! ! !

#3 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

To be honest I have never heard of any support groups for single moms. I know there are several single moms on the site, I hope you will find someone that you can relate to here.

#4 Lesserri

Lesserri

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

Thank you :) I've been told to find some counselling as well, just to "get myself on track" etc, and honestly I hope it works, cuase I'm tired of feeling like I'm stuck in a rut... functioning on auto-pilot so to speak. It's really frustrating...