#1 Lesserri

Lesserri

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Hi all

I'm trying to figure out ways and types of ways to create more "me" time for myself. My kids are 10 and 7, however don't have the convenience of having the kids watched unless I'm going to work, since I am a single mom. Any ideas?

The only ones I basically I know and kinda do is; hot shower, reading, occasional meditation...

Thank you in advance

Jenn

#2 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

Give yourself a manicure/pedicure or a facial. If your kids are girls maybe you could let give you a spa night. If you would like to get out for a while maybe you could swap babysitting services with a friend or neighbor. 

#3 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

LIBRARY ! ! !   There is a kids area at our Local Library that has computers, not to mention the books, movies, and video games my kids can go through to check out. In fact, I am at the Library right now with my 17 year old sitting next to me.

At our local hair salon, they offer hair washes for $3.00 .... that is my spa treatment ! ! !  I carve out 10 minutes before I have to pick the kids up from school, swing in, and get a wash and a scalp massage and I feel so much better.

Do you have local kids' clubs like a Boys / Girls Club that the kids can be dropped off at?!?

#4 Lesserri

Lesserri

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hi moosemom

I didn't even know there was boys/girls clubs that were available, how can I find them ? Are they free?
The pedicure/ Manicure my daughter would love. I do it to her, but myself not so much my son I don't think he would go for, I wonder if he would go for pink and purple toes :).

My time is sadly limited to spend on myself... I know they're somewhat older, but I'm the only parent they really have...

#5 Lesserri

Lesserri

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

Moose mom where you at the central library?

#6 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Sign your kids up for classes through the city. Then you'll have half an hour to an hour to run and do something, have a coffee, etc. Try to schedule their playdates at the same time so you are free. Swap babysitting with another family.

#7 Lesserri

Lesserri

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

I work full time and when I'm not a work, my time is with my kids. I really don't have anyone to swap babysitting etc with another family, and even if I did, my time is limited.

I appreciate all the ideas so far tho

#8 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Moose mom where you at the central library?

Moosemom lives in Green Bay Wisconsin

#9 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

Oppps .... Sorry about that  ~ I forget that NOT everyone knows that I am from and live in the States.

Totally understand that IF you are not working then your time is with your kids .... BUT you also need to re-charge YOU ! ! ! !

Don't take this the wrong way because I know that there is NO comparison, but even with a Husband around, I feel alone raising my 2 boys. Especially when they were smaller, it always seemed like he was never around, never available. So, I would do a lot with and for the boys alone.

My "alone" time was when I closed the bathroom door ~ EVERYONE knew it was off limits when Mom closed the door.

#10 Lesserri

Lesserri

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

So, I tried a few times this week to make time for myself..... However I feel more tired then ever... There doesn't seem like enough time in the day to do anything and everything, and even if I do make let's say 20 mins, my mind won't relax..., Uuugh.

#11 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

So, I tried a few times this week to make time for myself..... However I feel more tired then ever... There doesn't seem like enough time in the day to do anything and everything, and even if I do make let's say 20 mins, my mind won't relax..., Uuugh.

It takes time to learn to relax, keep trying. Play some music or watch a movie to distract you. I find it hard shut down my mind when I go to bed at night, I am always afraid I am going to forget what has to be done the next day. I find it helpful to write it down, then the only thing I have to remember is where I put my list and it helps to clear my mind so I can relax.