Photo

Pushy, unrealistic people....what to do?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

There is a lady who wanted me to crochet some stuff for her, I told her I was really busy with the Mom2Mom sale and made it very clear that I couldn't start working on it until after the sale was over. These items will probably take me about 10 hours to make. So low and behold the morning after the Mom2Mom sale I get an email asking if the stuff is ready, then a phone call within 5 minutes because I didn't answer the email yet. Then another email and another phone call later in the day. I was out all day so my husband took the calls. But really, I just worked 30 hours in a day and a half and you think I am going to rush home and crochet for 10 more hours before I go to bed? To top it off it's a winter hat that probably won't even get used until next winter. What is wrong with people??  I don't want to be rude but I feel like it at this point. How do you handle situations like this? What do you say to a customer who is pushy? Vent over, thanks for listening lol.

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

I would politely tell this person that you will contact them when their items are done and that you do have other family and work obligations that also required your attention

#3 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

yah what above said

and ask for full payment next time she put in order