6 replies to this topic

#1 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

I have been on M2M since my son was a bitty baby... over 10 years now. back then there was no FB.. and this was the happening place. the site changed up a couple times, people come people go... But it was like I forgot about M2M which back in the day seemed very important to me. So I came on a bit ago, to my surprise for one I remembered my user name and password.... but secondly, ITS DEAD. It strangely feels like a ghost town.

I started on here in the forums in my late 20's   now this year turning 40... things sure do change, maybe we are all just getting too old for this any more.. :(

#2 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

It true that times have changed, especially since Facebook became so popular. A lot of the original member's children are grown up now, including my own. I think the new generation of parents are so busy with kids, work, school and activities that they don't have time or the need for a forum like this anymore. If they have a question they ask on Facebook and have 10 answers in about 2 minutes. I am looking into starting a group on Facebook to replace the forum, its in the works. Thanks for checking in :)

#3 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

So much changed after the old owners gave it up.. no offense.

I was a moderator for years, and there were expectations that we post a certain amount of topics and subjects to keep things going and keep it fresh.  All that went to the way side, and honestly it just got really boring.  Facebook or not, I think that if the effort would have continued from all involved, then people would still be coming.  This site  helped me so much for a long time!  Very sad to see that it's just faded away.

#4 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

i am still

here

#5 Startingover

Startingover

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

I could have copied and pasted your exact post! I just thought i would check in and I agree. ...its totally different. I do remember how helpful it was to connect with other moms though.

#6 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

Ghost town is right!!! This is my first time logging on in quite a while and the last time I logged on it was the same... not much going on at all. I think the moderators having to write posts to keep things interesting kept things moving along here. Once that stopped... there wasn't nearly as much going on so people just shifted away. I would reinstate that if you want to try and get things popping around here again! If not, yep a FB group could be started. :)

#7 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:27 AM

Just realized there is already a fb group. lol. Joined! :)