** MOVIE REVIEWS **

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Karen_*

Guest_Karen_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

Have you been to the movies lately or rented something that you'd like to talk about? Come here and share your opinions.

Also, check here for Box Office Leaders and Opening This Week reviews!

Edited by Karen, 15 June 2007 - 08:16 PM.

#2 Guest_HeatherD_*

Guest_HeatherD_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

Theatre- Knocked Up ~ it was funny!

Rented - Norbit ~ pretty funny - though i honestly was expecting it to be funnier! btu overall it was good! :lol

#3 Guest_moosemom_*

Guest_moosemom_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

I Love my Netflix and I just seen Monster-in-Law and it was funny. Also seen Music & Lyrics and it was cute .. still have that danged song in my head. Catch & Release was a little bit of a disappointment. The Holiday with Jude Law and some other people (lol) was really cute, just wish they would have had a little bit more story with Kate Winslet and not all on Cameron Diaz. I have Night at the Museum and Yours, Mine, and Ours (Dennis Quaid) to watch.

DH watched Ghost Rider and LOVED it and so did the boys ... he did show me some of the special effects and they were cool, but not my kind of movie.

#4 Guest_originalcindy_*

Guest_originalcindy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

Theatre--Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End--Quite possibly the BEST of the trilogy! I was actually surprised at how good it was. And amidst all the action, a love story prevails.

Theatre--Fantastic Four (Silver Surfer)--Although it received bad reviews, all 5 of us really enjoyed it. I think it was a good length too.

#5 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:16 AM

Just saw Alpha Dog..anybody see this movie?? It's incredibly disturbing, but actually quite good! I liked it a lot.

#6 Guest_liam'smom_*

Guest_liam'smom_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(jillyjb @ Jun 27 2007, 09:16 AM) View Post
Just saw Alpha Dog..anybody see this movie?? It's incredibly disturbing, but actually quite good! I liked it a lot.

exactly it was a bit disturbing but was very good, dh was just saying he wanted to see it again yesterday lol

#7 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:24 AM

We have the movie now. Don't know how many times I can watch it, but I became a little fascinated with the real case, and trying to figure out how much of it was fact, and how much of it was made up...I'd say, as would the director, that 95% of what is in the movie actually happened...The names were all changed and stuff, but you get the gist!

#8 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

1408 AWSOME movie!!!! We watched it last night and I think I may have cut the circulation off to DH a few times! It was SO suspensful. I don't perticularly like Stephen King but this was a VERY VERY VERY good movie!! If you havn't seen it GO GET IT NOW!!

#9 Guest_mel_*

Guest_mel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

I saw Fool's Gold over the weekend. I enjoyed the movie, it was cute. I liked seeing Kate and Matthew together again!

#10 Guest_mmmmum_*

Guest_mmmmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

[b]Nim's Island [/b]

ds and I went to see this movie today, for the stars and strollers performance- what a great movie!! it was packed with adventure, and it's all about a little girl who gets so involved with her favourite books , she feels like she's a part of them. I like that it encourages kids to get reading and use their imagination- ds loved it too, all the animals and adventure. I strongly suggest taking your kids to see this movie, no matter what age

#11 Guest_Abbeys Mom_*

Guest_Abbeys Mom_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:28 PM

the last one we saw as a family was Horton Hears a Who .... my 2 littles and i did not care for it ....

E and Dh saw that one called 10,000 or something .....Dh said it was a sleeper but E liked it for the animation and stuff .......

#12 Guest_mommybeer_*

Guest_mommybeer_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

I went and took my kids to see Kung Fu Panda

and personaly it was not a good movie.

it was his 1st show ( in theaters ) and he didnt even want to watch it I almost fell asleep in it and so did 1 of my kids.

srry but JMO

#13 Guest_old woman in the shoe_*

Guest_old woman in the shoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

Last night I just watched The Big One by Michael Moore. It was released 1997 but somehow I missed it and never knew about it till I found it in the library yesterday! Its really good and its based on his book Downsize This. Its all about big businesses downsizing or just closing up shop to relocate to places like Mexico. Even Nike is featured. I kept thinking about how this has been going on for years here in Chatham-Kent and Windsor-Essex and I think you guys would all enjoy watching this. And if you haven't seen Sicko yet by him make sure to grab that too!

#14 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:10 PM

We went and saw Bedtime stories tonight and what a great movie. Very funny, I would definately love to watch it again. Just thought I'd share.

#15 Guest_mandy.b_*

Guest_mandy.b_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

We watched Gran Torino last night and I LMAO the entire movie..except for the end..then I cried..Clint Eastwood is an amazing actor and is hilarious in this movie with all of his grumblings!

#16 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

my son got the Mummy 3: curse of the dragon empire..it was ok..I didn't like that the wife in this one was different then I first 2 movies. I also didn't like that the brother was still a screw up after all that he went through..seemed abit silly to me. The action was good and Jet Li was good.

#17 Guest_Paula_*

Guest_Paula_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

We also watched Bedtime stories the other night and absolutely loved it...and we also watched Bolt...it was cute too.

Tomorrow night we are watching Yes Man..i'll let you know how it is but from what i've heard it is hilarious.

#18 Guest_K+S+A 's Mommy_*

Guest_K+S+A 's Mommy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:45 PM

SAW # 5............LOVED it:)

#19 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

We rented The Secret Life of Bees. I highly recommend it. Tim and I both really liked it. I had wanted to see it when it came out in theatres, but we never got around to going. It was even better than what I was expecting. It's really sad at parts though.

#20 Guest_mandy.b_*

Guest_mandy.b_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(Jen.Uh.Fur @ Feb 15 2009, 02:10 PM) View Post
We rented The Secret Life of Bees. I highly recommend it. Tim and I both really liked it. I had wanted to see it when it came out in theatres, but we never got around to going. It was even better than what I was expecting. It's really sad at parts though.

Oh cool! I didn't know it was out as a movie! lol I just read the book last month..great story smile.gif

#21 Guest_sleepybears_*

Guest_sleepybears_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

Theatre, Hes just not that into you, I think thats the correct title. I really like it. Also saw the confessions of a shopaholic, didnt think Id like this one but it turned out pretty good. Great Romantic comedy.

#22 Guest_Abbeys Mom_*

Guest_Abbeys Mom_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:19 AM

The Anchorman was on tv last night again and I thought I wouldpee my pants laughing ......the dumb one in it named Brick is the guy from the series on tv called The Office or something like that .....

#23 Guest_LyndaSoo35_*

Guest_LyndaSoo35_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

I'm on a movie kick right now. I like to catch some of the Oscar picks before I actually watch the Oscars ( Yes I'm a big geek for the show...never miss it)

So the last 3 I've seen I really enjoyed

Relovultionary Road- Really good - Leo should have been nominated.

The Reader- Kate Winslet is nominated for this one, but I thought she did a much better job in Relovutionary Road.

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE- AMAZING....absolutely AMAZING I LOVED it!!!!!! It's the favorite this year, and I can definately see why!!! The story, the cinematography, the acting...it was all great!!

#24 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Paula @ Jan 22 2009, 09:23 PM) View Post
Tomorrow night we are watching Yes Man..i'll let you know how it is but from what i've heard it is hilarious.

How did you like it?? I just watched it on Thursday and thought it was VERY funny. STILL laughing at the Gone-a-ria part! LOL

Changeling:
OMG!!!!!!! AWSOME movie but SOOOO SAD!!!!! box of tissue allert!! VERY VERY good! It's a true story about a very strong woman that came home from work to find her son missing (based in the 1920s) VERY powerful and wonderfully acted. Very good story but SO incredibly horrible at the same time.