Welcome Working Moms!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#36 Guest_Kittykat_*

Guest_Kittykat_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:34 AM

I was not really around when this forum was created, so I want to take the time to post now... I'm a "single" working mom of 4 yr old dd. I work part time , for now, and will be returning to full-time once my schooling is completed. I've been in school full time for 4 months, taking Accounting and Payroll Administration, and will eb finished Oct 10. I find it very hard to balance taking care of my daughter and being a working/student mom. I work midnights, and go to school all morning, sleep in early afternoon, and therefore only have approx 2-3 hours an evening to spend with her before she goes to bed... most of that time is spent cooking, bathing her, cleaning, etc. It definitely is hard to balance, but I wouldn't change a thing. I know my dd will see how hard I try to provide a better lifestyle for her, and I do it on my own, and hopefully she will really appreciate everything I'm doing for her in the longrun. DD's dad does not help out financially at all, as he is un-employed, so the only thing left to do is work my hardest and hope it all works out in the end smile.gif

Edited by Kittykat, 09 July 2009 - 05:59 PM.

#37 Jessica H

Jessica H

Proud mom of 3 beautiful kids

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

I am a married mom of 3 kids dd 14, ds, 4 and 2nd ds 2. DH works full time (2 weeks days, 2 weeks afternoons)

I work as a Payroll Clerk full time M-F 8:30am to 4:00pm. I absolutuely love my job!!! I feel very fortunate to be able to say that.

I was a SAHM for a few years and came back to work in August of 2006. I do find working hectic sometimes and having 3 kids to raise, but I would not change a thing!!!!

Glad we now have this great forum!!!!

#38 Guest_tam1972_*

Guest_tam1972_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

Okay it is now official. As of last month I am now a working MOM. Ohh my ladies, I will be popping in here now and then, looking for inspiration and to hear how you all do it.
My story in a nutshell: Married for 10 years to a wonderful DH. I was enjoying a great career in the corporate world until 2006 but decided to take a break as the fertility treatments were not working with my travel schedule. Well, it worked and before you know it, the little guy is 18 months. I did not have a grand plan about returning to work, since I took my own version of “materiality leave”, but knew I would get back to working in some capacity at some point. It has been a hard but exciting process over the last month and during this adjustment period, I guess my biggest struggle is keeping up with the household stuff.
I have always thought about having my own company and hence the birth of….scrapPAPERsizzors. I specialize in Wedding Invitations, Scrapbook Kits(especially for busy moms), Scrapbooking Products and Host Home Parties and Classes. I am really glad that I found m2m when pregnant. It has been really interesting meeting and sharing with so many of you. You are all a very supportive bunch and I hope to add to the support fest too.

Until the next post,

Tammy

#39 Guest_Leslie_*

Guest_Leslie_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

Tam - congrats!!! It sounds like a fabulous opportunity for you to return to the working world on your conditions! lol

But coming from the corporate world, you know how crazy it is. And add a toddler in and its ten times as nuts. But you will find a balance and everything will work out great. And if you need to scream - just come on here and do it. We all know what you mean. smile.gif

#40 Waldo

Waldo

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Hi I am new to this site and I work out of the home. I have really enjoyed reading some of the information in this forum.