#1 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:25 AM

Here is an article I found, please don't hesitate to add more to the list:

So often, moms feel so very tired and alone. We can feel isolated, defeated, and wonder if there is any relief. Fortunately, there is. One thing to remember -- this is only for a season. Those same children will grow up and become very independent all too soon. Begin cutting out all nonessentials from your life during this season of life. There will be time later to do those things again. While in the midst of the battle, it is vital to take some time for yourself.

Some ideas to help alleviate some of the stress and load:

Assign everyone a chore. It will take some time to enforce their duty, but in the long run it will work.

Accept and admit that you are not superwoman. If something doesn’t get done, the world will not stop revolving.

Enlist other women to help. While you watch their children, they can take care of some of your errands or cleaning. Decide which of you has the desire in a certain area and then use your strengths to help each other.

Take β€œdown” time for yourself every day, even if it’s only for fifteen minutes. Pray, meditate, rest. Bubble baths are a great way to do this.

Find a good friend -- someone you can trust and talk with.

Journal -- write down your fears, feelings, all the things you are going through. Sometimes it helps to get the feelings out without blowing up at another person.

#2 Guest_Jennie_*

Guest_Jennie_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:04 AM

Great tips.

I think one of my biggest issues, is the chore thing for the boys. They are only 5 & 6 and are not up to doing things to my 'standard'.

But I'm always looking for:

Warning...applicant must be willing to hear about my kids & dh! (steep demand)

#3 Guest_L4UR4 G_*

Guest_L4UR4 G_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

great thanks some good stuff there..........laura

#4 Guest_Leslie_*

Guest_Leslie_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(tabbs @ Jan 30 2008, 12:25 PM) View Post
Accept and admit that you are not superwoman. If something doesn’t get done, the world will not stop revolving.

THAT is a weaknessfor me! I would rather do it myself then let it go...big change I have to make to stop driving myself crazy.

#5 Guest_originalcindy_*

Guest_originalcindy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(Jennie @ Jan 30 2008, 11:04 AM) View Post
Great tips.

I think one of my biggest issues, is the chore thing for the boys. They are only 5 & 6 and are not up to doing things to my 'standard'.

But I'm always looking for:

Warning...applicant must be willing to hear about my kids & dh! (steep demand)

I am so with ya there. I hate that when it is something I find important and the "friend" doesn't see it as so important (yeah, I'm anal about certain stuff, but important is a subjective term, and if it's bothering me, it's important, if it's bothering you, it's important) that they kind of brush it off, or don't care to talk it through with you. And man, when I'm stressed, I NEED to talk.

#6 Guest_Hunnybunches72_*

Guest_Hunnybunches72_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

Be positive when things get negative.

Dont put yourself down.
Dont let others put you down.Be the best me you can be..and shout it out loud!!!!