Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

http://www.nald.ca/mothergooseprogram/

At the Heart of the Parent-Child Mother Goose Program

The Parent-Child Mother Goose ProgramŪ is a group experience for parents and their babies and young children which focuses on the pleasure and power of using rhymes, songs, and stories together. Parents gain skills and confidence which can enable them to create positive family patterns during their children's crucial early years, and give their children healthy early experiences with language and communication. The Program can be run in a variety of settings and can be offered either to a particular client group or to the public at large. While adaptations can be made to suit particular user groups and settings, the following elements are essential to a Parent-Child Mother Goose ProgramŪ and must be incorporated in order to use the trademarked name and be a part of the network of accredited Parent- Child Mother Goose ProgramsŪ.

To find a location in Windsor or Essex County contact:
Windsor, Windsor Essex County Health Unit Margaret Cameron (519) 258-2146
mcameron@wechealthunit.org

#2 Krys0218

Krys0218

Thoroughly addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

I thought these sessions were already full. A friend and I called about it a while back and were told booked until at least fall.

#3 elainesj

elainesj

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,939 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

call around - there are various locations in the city that offer it - mostly at OEYCs. certain locations fill up quickly but many others often still have spots available.

I did this at the library with my dd about 6 years ago and LOVED it.

#4 Robyn

Robyn

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for the info - called my local library today and they'll try to fit me in this coming January. Can't wait, should be fun!

#5 chat_cath

chat_cath

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

I did this with DD a few years back out at the Essex Civic Centre. It was a lot of fun. There are some libraries that offer it free and also I think I saw they had it at Oakwood or one of the local community centres for a fee. FYI too, we did a great little free sign language/song course through a little library in Windsor too so check out the library website.